World Turtles Demo
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
World Turtles is a wholesome colony builder where you guide a tribe of creatures called Meeps in their mission to save themselves and the life of the World Turtle they live on. Will you find peaceful, sustainable means of existing in harmony with your world and neighboring Meeps, rather than heartlessly exploiting or conquering one and all? Will you navigate the forces of nature, learn how they work and harness their power to affect progress without destruction? Will you be a part of the journey?
In World Turtles the player must guide the Meeps in their journey to save both their World Turtle and themselves. To do this they need you. Help them with gathering resources, constructing buildings, expanding their skills, improving their efficiency, forming societies and researching new ways of advancing and improving the environment.
They, and their children, are going to need all the help they can get if they are to have a chance of saving their Turtle. And who knows? Along the way, you may meet and save others too as the Turtle flies through different parts of space with various characteristics.
- Lead a small tribe of Meeps and evolve them into a thriving self-sufficient and efficient community.
- Set on, and actually involving, a huge turtle floating through space.
- The Turtle’s position in space impacts life on the Turtle, including climate and water levels.
- Prioritize separate technology trees per building type, coupled with an overall technology tree.
- Explore the far reaches of your turtle to find new lands and cooperate with other bands of Meeps.
- Balance Meeps experience to progress and improve efficiency.
- Conquer land, water, air and space… together… for good.
World Turtles is made by me, a solo developer from South Africa, as the main ingredient of the nerdiest mid-life crises I'm aware of. It is the game I've always wanted to make and, while it is my first, I guarantee that you will be pleasantly surprised by it. It still feels ‘Unreal’ to me, although it was ‘Made with Unity’, that the passion project I started out of nerdy interest has actually become such a reality, with enough support and appeal, to warrant pursuing it full-time in exchange for my career of two decades!I would love to develop World Turtles further alongside a group of enthusiastic real-world Meeps.
Please, join the Early Access release and be a part of the journey!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.